Part-time position: 16 hours a week
When you ask us what we do at BBC, you won’t just get a job description; you’ll hear a story. We are passionate about using our talents for God’s purposes and that’s why we’ve dedicated our careers to a ministry, not just a job title. We have the privilege of leading people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. As we do, we strive to be risk-taking, irrationally generous, spiritual contributors who laugh hard and honour God with integrity. Do you want to join us?
Do you love managing details and logistics? Are you a problem-solver and an excellent communicator? BBC is looking for a Events coordinator to work with BBC ministries and outside organisations, bringing events to life from conception to clean up.
Keep reading if you think you’re up for the challenge
- Oversee the execution of church-wide events from start to finish; offering practical direction, coordinating details and logistics, and solving problems that arise.
- Act as a liaison between the ministry/outside group requesting an event and the supporting staff/vendors who service the event.
- Provide clear, concise, and timely event detail communication and instruction to operational departments.
- Maintain a presence at major events to oversee set up/tear down and respond to needs that arise.
- Utilize facility scheduling software to review and approve event requests. Process check requests, contracts, and certificates of insurance when required. Maintain detailed records of expenditures, contracts, and correspondence.
- Ensure events are executed in a manner that allows members and visitors to connect with Jesus and one another without distractions and in a way that supports the mission, vision, and strategies of Bethlehem Baptist Church.
- A self-starter, team-player and team builder who loves to give it your all.
- A problem-solver and an excellent communicator.
- Comfortable engaging people in both group and one-on-one settings.
- Experienced in event management and undertaking administrative tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft office programs – word and excel
- Flexible and willing to support the events team with any tasks that needs doing.
The perfect fit:
- Suffers from an insatiable need to plan ahead, overbearing tenacity and crippling perfectionism.
- Has a love hate relationship with post-it-notes
- Adores spontaneity, providing it is carefully planned out.
- Knows that no matter how well you planned ahead there’s always going to be something that goes wrong.
If this position sounds interesting, and you have the right to live and work in New Zealand, please apply using the link below.