BBC Kids Administrator
Part-time position: 18 hours a week (includes 4 hours on Sundays)
BBC Kids, the children’s ministry of Bethlehem Baptist Church, provides relevant, age-appropriate learning and connection opportunities for kids from birth right through to Primary age. BBC Kids is dedicated to partnering with parents to help raise children to have a strong relationship with Jesus Christ. A large team of volunteers provides ministries for kids during regular Sunday Services.
The BBC Kids Administrator will work in a team of 4-5 part-timers while being actively involved in the planning and delivery of both the pre-school and primary areas. If you find yourself fluent in parent talk, and admin floats your boat, then keep reading for more details.
- Passionate about sharing BBC Kids ministry vision with families in the church, people in the community, and volunteers
- Driven to reach kids who do not know Christ by being relevant and providing a great space for them to connect with other kids and leaders
- An advocate for connecting with parents and equipping them to be the leader of their child’s spiritual development
- A strong communicator who listens well
- A proven project manager with strong attention to details and administrative skills
- A team player able to use initiative and who focuses on the good of the entire organisation
- Meet the administration needs of BBC Kids Ministry with the inclusion of rosters, team training, lesson preparation and communication
- Execute administrative tasks related to the Volunteer Application including background check and references for all new BBC Kids volunteers
- Support Sunday mornings in the technical, IT, Registration, Security, and general troubleshooting areas
- Oversee the pre-school and primary outreach ministries like Mainly Music, ICONZ (for Primary), IFG and Playgroup
- Minister to the families and aid in connecting what happens on the weekend with what happens at home
- Work alongside our volunteers showing great people skills in helping them achieve the best that they can be
- Be a model for those who attend Bethlehem Baptist Church by being an example of personal integrity, discipleship, and evangelism
The cherry on top:
- Keep calm and in control in the midst of perceived chaos
- Able to juggle a laptop, a clipboard, and a bottle while at the same time talking to a parent
- No fear of rosters and spreadsheets
If this position sounds interesting, and you have the right to live and work in New Zealand, please apply using the link below.