Executive Pastor / Director
Full time, permanent position
Bethlehem Baptist Church is a large, vibrant and thriving Baptist Church based in Tauranga Moana and has a significant leadership role in the Baptist Churches of NZ.
The role of Executive Pastor provides organisational leadership and support to the large staff and volunteers, and supports the Senior Pastor. The Executive Pastor leads an executive team of 5 and works directly with the Senior Pastor on vision, values and strategic implementation across the Church’s activities. The church currently employs 34 staff, with a very large number of volunteers heavily engaged and committed to the church’s mission and outreach.
This is a unique opportunity to lead a growing, vibrant organisation, with significant staff and strategic responsibilities, where a talented executive can draw on their range of management and leadership experience, enabling a faith-based organisation with a clear purpose to thrive and flourish.
The Executive Pastor operates at a high level and is responsible for providing senior leadership, staff management, determining church objectives and strategies, implementation of policies and procedures, and the determination of ministry initiatives. The Executive Pastor leads appropriate operational and administrative controls, reporting procedures, and people systems to ensure the roll out of community fit programs. The Executive Pastor supports the Senior Pastor and helps him grow the organisation while ensuring financial strength and operating efficiency. the Executive Pastor accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive and energetic style of communication, guided by the aims of BBC.
- A Christ follower with a heart for the local church
- Very familiar with church culture, mission, values, objectives and strategies
- Experienced in management and operations of a large organisation with 25+ employees
- People focused with a great ability to build and coach individuals and teams
- Administratively gifted with proven high organisational skills; competent in strategic thinking, business acumen, decision-making, and problem solving
- Experienced with finances of a large organisation
- Known for your integrity, faithfulness, honour and respect
- Pastoral, with excellent interpersonal communication and public speaking skills
- Carry out vision, mission and values of BBC while caring for the staff and their ministries
- Establish and implement policies and procedures to execute the vision, mission and values
- Oversee the daily operations and adjust as necessary, managing the overall direction of staff and key volunteers to direct focus to the main business of BBC
- Collaborate with the Senior Pastor, Executive Team and Elders to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems and processes designed to reach the objectives of the church
- Participate in strategic projects and missions of the church
- Assist in recruitment of staff and volunteers throughout the organisation
- Manage staff reviews and regular coaching, developing staff and key volunteers as leaders
- Collaborate with the church Accountant to manage the churches finances
- Communicate clear objectives with direction, acceptance, and support for the outcomes desired
- Faithfully use time and energies through proper work habits, good self-care and healthy work-life balance
- Show evidence in your life of spiritual growth and reliance on God, with an active prayer life being foundational to all that you do
To be considered for this role, please have the following:
- Proven experience of leading an organisation with at least 25 employees
- Evidence of serving as a lead/key volunteer or on staff at a medium to large-sized church
- A right to live and work in New Zealand
If this position sounds interesting, please apply by sending a Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com